Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chicken and Dumplins

Ingredients

3 chicken breasts, thawed or frozen
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 medium onion, chopped (Green onion can be substituted)
Seasoning salt to taste
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
1 teaspoon of parsley
1 can of chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can of buttermilk biscuits
water

Directions

1. Add carrots, celery, onion, chicken breasts, chicken broth, garlic, pepper, parsley and Seasoning Salt to a large pot.

2. Add enough water to JUST cover the ingredients, no more.

3. Bring to a boil, cover, and then simmer for 45 minutes.

4. Uncover and remove chicken breasts, set aside on a plate.

5. Stir in the cans of soup.

6. Let the mixture simmer uncovered while you tear the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, drop them into the pot.

7. Tear biscuits into pieces and drop into pot so that they float on top.

8. Cook uncovered on medium heat for 10 minutes.

9. Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes.

10. Cool off and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Chicken and dumplings sound delicious to me! Comfort food for the soul Id say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice recipe. This is my first visit here and I had planned only to say hello. I started reading your earlier posts and stayed much longer than I intended. I really like your recipes and will be back as often as I can. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete